Saturday 1 June 2013

The Lake House - Kaisercraft

A while back I watched Mel Heaton on create and craft with these papers and stamps but didn't buy them. A few weeks later temptation set in and I purchased them! I wanted to make a card for my mum so pulled them out.
I started with a dark green 8x8 card blank and selected a paper from the first edition up and away pink pad (the stripey one). I went round the edges with Tim Holtz Peacock distress ink pad and the floral border from the lake house stamp set. I mounted this on the card and then selected one of the kaisercraft papers. I used the petal pink liquid pearls to highlight key points on the roses. I left this to dry.
For the main image I then stamped the water fountain onto watercolour paper with black archival. I then used my distress markers to colour in the image. The centre of the flowers is using the petal pink liquid pearls again!. I took the floral border and stamped round the edge of the card. I then mounted this on a pink background (also stampled) and then a grey back ground. This was then attached to the card. Using the lake house transfer sheet I then added the swallow and some additional flowers.


To create the mother sentiment I also took this from the transfer sheet and mounted on pink and grey with use of the floral border again. To complete the card I used teal silk crush ribbon (which I got from creative studios) to create a bow.
After all this I decided not to keep as a card and placed into a white shadowbox frame from Ikea (approx £5) and it will then be a keep sake.

14 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card love the image and pretty papers and love the effect with the liquid pearls
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've put so much work into this fab project Nixy, what a great idea to turn the card into a framed piece of art to be enjoyed far longer, love the flowers tumbling down the fountain and the highlights on the roses, a stunning little work of art, Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful with such lovely details.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Nicole, I love the main stamped image and all your yummy details. Hope you’ve had a great weekend in the sunshine, just hopping by after 2 days gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning piece of work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful piece of art, I'm not surprised you decided to frame it. I love that water fountain - beautifully coloured and the pink liquid pearls flowers are fabulous. Thanks for sharing! Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning Nicole.really beautiful image and colours and I love your fabulous design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So eyecatching - love the little flowers and pearly centres, they really set the whole card off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a stunning piece of work - really eye-catching

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, Im hopeless at stamping, you've done a brilliant job here. Do like the pearls, nice touch

    ReplyDelete