Sunday 26 May 2013

Wedding Gift

Been a while since I've uploaded a project, have got a few on the go but have been too busy to upload. This is a present I made for a good friend of mine for her wedding day.




This is a shadow box frame I picked up from ikea for about £5. I then cut out the shapes using the Silhouette Cameo. As my friend is from the UK and her partner is from France I used maps of the places where they have come from and mounted the male and female onto a canvas from the local craft shop. I dyed the maps using an olive green dew drop ink. I painted the Ikea insert with grey acrylic and then put it all together. The 'love' text is also from the Silhouette store.


11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous present for your friend and a great idea to use the different maps as papers. Hope you are having a good holiday weekend. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wedding gift,Nicole and can be displayed forever the way you designed it.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Nicole, I'm follower no 7, what a fab unique wedding gift, bet they were delighted with it, leapblogging from DC, fi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea it looks fantastic I bet your friend and her partner will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a brill idea and a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card...Love the way you used the maps....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a little bit different, I liked the affect of the map paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning Nicole.a fabulous gift ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea and lovely gift
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing gift, I love the fact you have used maps to make the people, simply stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry i'm late with the blog hop but I've had a really busy weekend
    Fabulous gift for your friend and a brilliant idea

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete